Friday, April 07, 2006

Korean, anyone?

As if I did not already have enough on my plate trying to learn Japanese, I came across a church offering Korean lessons.

"Why not?" I thought. "Why not give it a try?"

I have a friend who is Korean, who told me that Korean and Japanese are very similar, that is why it was so easy for him to learn Japanese.

"Why not?" I thought. "What can it hurt?"

My ego, for one thing.

My brain, for another.

I obviously came in to the class after it originally started, for there I was being introduced as a new class member, and would you all please introduce yourselves .... in Korean!

Ummm, yea.

The class is, of course, taught in Japanese (maybe I'll learn my Japanese this way!). After an hour of counting in Korean, I can now say one and ten, but nothing in between. We also also practiced days of the week, but forget it, I can barely remember those in Japanese. The good news: the class is only once a month.

What was I thinking?

1 comment:

fishtail said...

Keep blogging and keep writing, HS! Glad you're having fun!