My seminary friend has “tagged” me with a post called 8 random facts about myself. Enjoy the break from Japanese culture, and take a glimpse into the missionary...
1. As my friend Lisa would say, “I don’t have the sense of direction God gave a toaster.” I have been known to say things like, “Turn left at the curvy road.” Anyone who has ever been in Dubuque (or any of the other river towns I have lived in) knows how utterly ridiculous this sentence is.
2. Much to my family’s amusement, I have trouble identifying even the most famous actors and actresses.
3. I stink at Trivial Pursuit. Sure, I can parse Hebrew and Latin verbs (and should still be able to fake my way through Greek), but, the longest-running television show? I have no idea (see number two again).
4. I love sumo wrestling.
5. I have used a squat toilet on a moving train.
6. For someone who grew up with computers in the classroom, even from elementary school, I am unnaturally technologically-confused.
7. My all-time favorite movie is The Princess Bride.
8. I have not yet eaten blowfish in Japan, but I have tried the horse sashimi.