Thursday, February 21, 2013

One Year in the Life of a Tokushima Field: January

I have a new project for the year.

Over the past few months, I have been contemplating a photo essay which would be consistent over the course of a year. It seems like a great way to keep readers engaged and allow me to show off my home.

Because I am too lazy to do "365 Days of Japan," like my friend Bobbi (she has a great collection of photos, but I would never keep up!), I have decided on a more monthly theme. Every month I will take a photo of a field near my house and watch it change through the growing seasons. 

I began in January, when the fields had just been planted, probably with carrots. Or spinach. That seems to be what people are giving us these days - tiny carrots and lots of spinach (soon we will have sooooo many carrots. Good thing they make great cake!). 

Of course, I had a brain block the entire month of January, and didn't write anything for you to read. However, you can tell I was thinking about my readers, because I have lots of photos for things to post!

Finally, and without further ado, here is the first post in “One Year in the Life of a Tokushima Field.”

January 2013:

The field just over the bridge on my way to work.


It is winter, after all, so it still gets cold here at night.
A cover is needed for ...


... something green. I might be from Iowa,
but I am not very good with vegetables!

No comments: